At Gateway Auto Clinic in Kettering we understand that the charging and electrical systems are the most intricate and complex systems on your vehicle, particularly modern cars. Our highly trained technicians have access to the proper equipment to diagnose and repair any electrical issues that your car may be faced with. We have the mechanics and the tools to get the job done right the first time!
At one time, batteries were primarily used for starting the vehicle. However, these days batteries do a lot more than that. A bad cell or weak battery can cause many kinds of electronic malfunctions for a vehicle. Alternators no longer simply spin and generate power either. Typically, information is fed through the ECU and an array of sensors communicate with the alternator, telling it to switch on and off and how much power to provide.
The bottom line is, in a world of ever-increasing complexity concerning your vehicle’s electrical systems, our expert mechanics are now a necessity rather than a convenience. We can test, isolate, and repair any issue, big or small; from oil changes to complex wiring issues, your car is in good hands here at Gateway Auto Clinic in Kettering.
At Gateway Auto Clinic, our battery services include:
- Battery/Starter/Alternator Testing and Diagnostics
- Battery Recharging
- Battery Replacement
- Battery Maintenance (e.g cleaning corrosion)
- Alternator/Starter Replacement
- Alternator Belt
- Ignition Switch
Servicing Your Vehicle’s Electrical System
To diagnose issues with your vehicle’s electrical system, we use specialized equipment to tap into your vehicle’s computer system and locate the cause of the problem. For per maintenance. our team will do the following:
- We will check your battery, and replace it if necessary, to ensure that your vehicle is receiving enough power.
- We will check your vehicle’s electrical cable connections, and make adjustments if necessary.
- We will perform engine diagnostics, if necessary, for more complex electrical problems and sophisticated vehicle computer systems.
Sometimes, the problem is as simple as a faulty battery. In other cases, the problem is more complex and requires the attention of an experienced automotive technician, like the ones you’ll find here at Gateway Auto Clinic in Kettering.
Today’s cars are controlled by computers – from the alternator to the starter, air conditioning system, and virtually everything in between. Our technicians will ensure that we find and resolve the problem quickly, so you can get up and running.
Signs of Electrical System Problems
How can you tell if it’s your vehicle’s electrical system or some other component that needs repairs? It can be tricky to pinpoint an electrical problem, but there are some signs you should be on the lookout for:
- Your vehicle won’t start, and when you turn the key, you hear nothing at all – no grinding or clicking noises.
- Your vehicle is running just fine, but your headlights dim when you’re idling or driving slowly.
- The dashboard or interior lights do not illuminate or are very dim.
If your vehicle’s electrical system needs servicing, talk to our professional mechanics at Gateway Auto Clinic who will find and fix the problem quickly, so you can get back on the road.
Content, including images, displayed on this website is protected by copyright laws. Downloading, republication, retransmission, or reproduction of the content on this website is strictly prohibited